Summer Summer Summertime.. time to sit back and unwind.
Now that we've set the summer mood back to 1991, it's time to enjoy the summer life in 2019. Brookings offers a variety of activities, workshops, theatre performances, and outdoor recreation for all ages. To make your life easier, we've put together a list of "must-do" summer shenanigans in Brookings, South Dakota.
- Make a SPLASH at Hillcrest Aquatic Center
- Put on your dancing shoes at Downtown at Sundown
- Enjoy a nitro brew at Kool Beans Coffee or a cold brew on the roof top patio at Cubby's Sports Bar & Grill.
- Eat your way through the Brookings Summer Arts Festival and pick up a few artsy treasures
- Take a kayak ride at Dakota Nature Park
- Bring your family for a bike ride on the Allyn Frerichs Trail System and Single Track Pump Park
There's no shortage of cold brews to try, boutiques to shop in, and antiques to find in Downtown Brookings. Park the car and enjoy the stroll from block to block in our Commercial Historic District. But in reality, our list doesn't end there. The Brookings Great 8 Passport & Artful Dozen is incredibly unique to Brookings, featuring eight attractions and eateries you literally won't find anywhere else. It's a self-guided tour around the community, getting a stamp in your passport along the way. In addition, we've created downloadable itineraries to help guide and plan your summer vacation in Brookings. Whether you're bringing the family, your best friends, your appetite, or your best game face, we've got an itinerary for you!