Downtown at Sundown is bringing the heat and LIVE music to the streets of downtown Brookings for its fifth summer!
DT@SD, as we affectionally call it, is a FREE festival offering FREE admission and FREE children's activities. Each week features a different local opener and headliner band, while food and drink vendors and retail booths offer attendees a little something for everyone. Bring the entire family, including Sparky (your four-legged family member) to Downtown at Sundown. This event would not be possible or FREE without the support of our amazing sponsors. First Bank & Trust is our Headliner Sponsor for the entire series. They make our life easier, just like their banking! Our seven Encore Sponsors keep each week different and engaging. Be sure to extend a "thank you" the next time you see anyone from these businesses:
- Wooden Legs Brewing Company
- Twin City Fan & Blower
- Larson Manufactuing
- Falcon Plastics
- Champion Health
- Bel Brands
A LITTLE PIECE OF HISTORY
Downtown at Sundown officially kicked off in the summer of 2015. However, the initial idea for a festival-like, outdoor music concert came from the Brookings community. In 2013, Brookings Economic Development Corporation conducted a Charrette comprised of small focus groups representative of all ages and cross-sectors of the Brookings population, as well as a community-wide survey. The results clearly reflected the want and need for a festival-like community event and central gathering place for all ages. After a few important meetings and creative brain power, Downtown at Sundown was off to a fast and furious start. Planning for the 7-week concert series begins in February, while each night in July-August takes an estimated 104 staff and volunteer hours to coordinate, set-up, and execute the event. In 2019, the new Downtown Director, Ashley Biggar is taking the helm, under the Brookings Area Chamber of Commerce.
Who's Playing Next :
- July 25 | Apollo's Beacon >> All the way from Bloomer, Wisconsin is Apollo’s Beacon bringing a high energy performance of your favorite alternative/hard rock songs. Playing covers from some of their favorite bands including Muse, Incubus and Imagine Dragons, Apollo’s Beacon is sure to have you singing along all night long.
- August 1 | Randy McAllister >> As requested, we’re bringing in Randy McAllister with his wild, gritty and soulful music! Be sure to bring your stompin’ boots to dance along to Randy McAllister’s driving drums and world-class harmonica. Hear some of his original songs and a killer voice like you’ve never heard before.
- August 8 | Soca Jukebox >> Back for another summer with Downtown at Sundown, this five-piece ensemble will transport you to the islands with a blend of reggae, calypso, country and rasta-goodness. Folks of all ages will enjoy the charisma, humor and shimmering steel pans that is Soca Jukebox.
- August 15 | The People >> From our sister state of Iowa, The PeOple are a band of adventurous souls who simply love music. Their music has been described as “rough and raw Americana”, “western gypsy folk-rock” and “country soul”. This is a fusion of genres you won’t want to miss!
- August 22 | The Nathan Dean Band >> Rounding out the season and leaving us wanting more is The Nathan Dean Band from Arizona. We’re bringing these four country guys back to close out the summer with a kick! They bring a whole lot of passion to the stage, featuring a mix of your favorite country rock and roll roots, as well as a few originals.